The Internet is a big place. You may have the greatest product, service and blog, but people are...
So, What Is Inbound Marketing?
Every day, Coke, Nike, Ford and countless other iconic American brands use inbound marketing to boost sales and increase customer loyalty.
But, what exactly is inbound marketing?
Inbound marketing is a strategic way to increase awareness of products and services through content-based channels like blogs and social media. It’s also an important way for companies to share their stories and key information directly with customers. The term “inbound marketing” was coined by HubSpot CEO Brian Halligan in an effort to describe an innovative form of marketing that is based upon earning trust and enhancing credibility.
Converting Traffic Into Sales
Generally speaking, inbound marketing involves three basic steps: attracting traffic, converting traffic into leads and turning leads into sales. The key action for inbound marketing is to “pull,” rather than “push,” the consumer, which means less hype and more credible information. This process allows for the sharing of curated information and quality content, effectively engaging target audiences and encouraging action.
The Power of Original Content
Unlike paid advertising, inbound marketing allows companies to generate original content that customers want and need. This type of marketing engages and hearts and minds of consumers, offering a more effective way to generate brand loyalty. By encouraging consumers to follow content, inbound marketing directly connects companies with consumers.
Tips for Success
Here are a few tips to help your company harness the power of inbound marketing:
- Focus on SEO. SEO is critical to inbound marketing, since it makes it easier for customers to find the content they’re looking for and to connect with the information you want to share.
- Turn customers into brand promoters. When inbound marketing is done right, consumers become brand promoters because they’ve discovered content they’re eager to share.
- Remember that content is king. If your content is strong and engaging, it will attract customers and generate followers.
- Expand your reach. Inbound marketing thrives on relationships, which is why expanding the reach of your posts via high-profile influencers is critical to capture the attention of an even wider audience.
- Analyze results. Take a hard look at what’s working and what isn’t – and adjust your strategy accordingly.